problem ???

George Galban

Aug 18, 2012, 1:58:17 AM8/18/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi and thanks again for all the work of these "dream team"
I had been used Ml from last year and now when I update to 2.3, there
is something
I can't understand in my 550D the "Fast operation with shortcuts"
is not working with Av , them I made some other test and sorprise , it
is working with LCD sensor , is it normal or I had a problem???
thanks , George

moebius event

Aug 18, 2012, 2:07:34 AM8/18/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
I'm noticing the new v2.3 release crashes on my camera which is disappointing - I love the new features, I even paid a 10$US donation to get it before it was publically available but it just hangs my camera and I need to remove battery and reboot. It screwed up constantly during a shoot so for now I'm using the Dec 2011 release :/ I'm using a 550D (Kiss X4 Japanese body)

Thanks

http://magiclantern.wikia.com/

Alex

Aug 19, 2012, 11:44:42 AM8/19/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Please report the bugs properly.

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=23.0
http://freshmeat.net/articles/how-to-report-bugs-effectively

I've been using it daily for two weeks, took thousands of pictures and
a few videos, and had zero problems.

fotografAle

Aug 19, 2012, 12:38:54 PM8/19/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com

Dear Alex, maybe I have a similar problem with my 550D (Italy).

I have to say the problem happened also with previous official release but very rarely.

Some days ago I had to shoot some pics and videos for a concert and I decided to update the ML to the new 2.3 release.
The camera crashed after the first few minutes of recording, when leaving the camera go to the stand-by mode, it wasn't able to wake up again. Switching it off and back on didn't solve the problem. The only way was to taking the battery off and then putting it in again and switching on the unit.

The disadvantage is I often use a light mounted with the tripod screw and I have to remove it to take the battery of its receptacle.

I hope telling you my configuration can help you to undestand the problem.
550D fw 1.0.9 + ML 2.3 + Canon EF-S 17-55 2.8, Sandisk 8GB Class 6 SD, Bitrate 0.3x, internal mic, AGC on, analog gain 10dB, digital gain off, ISO Auto, exposure Auto, 1920x1080 25fps low light (outside in the night, so usually about 1/33s at F2.8, ISO 1600-3200).

When I stop recording and leave the camera unused for a certain time, it goes in the low consumpition state. Normally it is enough to push the shooting button and it wakes up regularly but sometimes it doesn't happen and the only solution is to remove the battery.
so so
Another issue, concerning money this time :) : I'd be very pleased to send you a small contribution but I have no paypal so please let me know if there's another way to send you a gift.
Many compliments for all this very good job!

 Please feel free to tell me if I can make any test for your convenience.

Ariel G

Aug 19, 2012, 3:45:41 PM8/19/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry , Sir.... this is not my bug.

My bug was that with Tokina 11-16 my Cropmarks suddenly vanished. upon switching to my Samyang 35 1.4 and  without doing anything else or altering any settings, the cropmarks came back. I may update the topic or delete it altogether.

Thanks for your hard work (donated. twice )

Ariel
328.png