Location of latest test autoexec?

Tom Worster

Jul 18, 2012, 10:55:40 AM7/18/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
For those of us without privileged access, where are the current autoexecs
for testing normally located?

Alex

Jul 18, 2012, 11:04:52 AM7/18/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
http://bit.ly/ml-may15 was the latest binary. You can compile latest
source code without any restrictions.

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 5:55 PM, Tom Worster <f...@thefsb.org> wrote:
> ?

eggnot

Jul 23, 2012, 1:18:35 AM7/23/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
is somewhere a tool-chain guide? i learn C a bit and want to improve scanline from liveview feature.

Takashi Miyake

Jul 23, 2012, 4:46:35 AM7/23/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com, eggnot
Is this URL can help you?
http://chirari.ddo.jp/ml/?page_id=538
You can use built-in "Transrate" button.

This is my blog for Japanese , I don't know transrate result is good or not.

miyake
> --
> --
> http://magiclantern.wikia.com/

Alex

Jul 23, 2012, 6:56:08 AM7/23/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com, eggnot
Yay, found the mysterious blogger :)

On-topic: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=991.0

Tom Worster

Jul 24, 2012, 12:27:07 PM7/24/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Relative to May 15th version I was using, ML v2.3 for 50D uses a new Canon
FW v1.0.9. I want to try the 2.3 ML that I compiled (for the first time,
which is why I'm being cautious) so I need to update the camera. First I
want to check the process:

1. Format my non-ML CF card in the camera. Use it to update camera to
1.0.9.

2. Replace the autoexec.bin on my current ML card with the one I just
compiled. Apart from that, this card contains the contents of the Dec 22
zip file.

If it doesn't work, use my non-ML card to downgrade the camera to 1.0.8
and replace the autoexec.bin on my ML card with the May 15th version.

Sounds right?

Alex

Jul 24, 2012, 12:40:25 PM7/24/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Correct, only that you also need to delete the december 22 files.

http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/install

Use "make install" for creating the correct directory structure on the ML card.

Oscar Moreno

Jul 24, 2012, 2:00:44 PM7/24/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
This should work. I am running v2.3 on my 50D. The only issue I encountered was that I first installed the early ML 2.3 rc2 and for some reason after updating the canon  firmware to 1.0.9, the camera would not boot. I solved that by turning the camera switch to OFF, and pulled the battery out. Re-inserted the battery switched the camera back on and ML booted with no problem. To upgrade to ML 2.3, I only had to replace the ML files on the CF card. I've had no problems so far.

Alex

Jul 24, 2012, 2:02:23 PM7/24/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
See the install and user guide - important notes. After you open the
card door, you need to wait for 5 seconds before removing the card.

The 50D accesses the card without LED activity.

Oscar Moreno

Jul 24, 2012, 2:10:57 PM7/24/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Hum. That's good to know. I wasn't aware of that. Still, is this the case even after the camera has been switched off for more than five minutes ( in other words, we should still wait 5 secs after opening the card door) ??

Alex

Jul 24, 2012, 2:16:03 PM7/24/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Yes.

If you open the card door without turning it off from the main switch
- then you do not have to wait.

Alex

Jul 24, 2012, 2:17:07 PM7/24/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com

Oscar Moreno

Jul 24, 2012, 2:21:11 PM7/24/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Ha! Nice! . . . . I gotta give the new site a more in-depth look.

Thanks Alex.