long shutter

Pantograph

Oct 10, 2011, 9:58:01 AM10/10/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
is it possible to activate long shutter 1/6 or less with less FPS on
the ML?
for example, camcorder canon HV30, has a slower shutter speed up to
1/6 at 6 frames per second in video mode

it would be fairy video effect of smeared image, just like in those
frames:

http://www.creatinizm.ru/thailand/canon0830.jpg
http://copypast.ru/uploads/posts/thumbs/1222040745_2264911.jpg
http://www.ljplus.ru/img3/v/e/verda_musalbumo/fackel12.jpg

Alex

Oct 10, 2011, 12:17:14 PM10/10/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
You can get this effect with FrameMerger (a VirtualDub plugin).

Here's a version modified by me, where you can enter arbitrary
strength values. The zip contains both source and executable.

> --
> http://magiclantern.wikia.com/

FrameMerger.zip

Pantograph

Oct 10, 2011, 2:39:04 PM10/10/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
result of adequate, thank you... lack of virtualdub is that the program cannot not open mov files from 550d, need recoding, but mjpeg from pentax is okay

Alex

Oct 10, 2011, 2:40:31 PM10/10/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
To open Canon MOV files in VirtualDub, first save them as AVI with
Avidemux (don't recompress them, just change the container).

Pantograph

Oct 10, 2011, 4:00:16 PM10/10/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
saved in "copy" mode to avi, but still does not open
virtdub.jpg

Pantograph

Oct 10, 2011, 4:02:31 PM10/10/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
sorry for font size

Alex

Oct 10, 2011, 4:08:42 PM10/10/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
http://sourceforge.net/projects/x264vfw/

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 11:02 PM, Pantograph <berto...@mail.ru> wrote:
> sorry for font size

Pantograph

Oct 10, 2011, 4:21:21 PM10/10/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
cool! It works! of course much slower than mjpeg

"Sztupák Sz. Zsolt"

Oct 10, 2011, 4:22:53 PM10/10/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Two more options:
- Use AviSynth to handle loading of non-avi/vfw codec enabled files. You
can't save in h264 this way though.
- Use ffdshow, it has a vfw version too. (I usually install CCCP:
http://www.cccp-project.net/ it has everything one needs).

SztupY

2011.10.10. 22:08 keltez�ssel, Alex �rta: