more 50D movie restart tesing

Tom Worster

Aug 1, 2012, 2:04:40 PM8/1/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
i tested yesterday at the velodrome. the camera was on a tripod while i
was racing. it took about 40 mins of cbr video at 1.0x bit rate with no
problems. gaps were presumably about 1.25 sec. it's not easy to know.

the camera noticeably warms up. i understand it has hw thermal
protections. is that correct?

for example, if it were a hot day and the camera in direct sunlight and
the conditions became too much for it, it shuts down, right?

Zak

Aug 1, 2012, 3:31:24 PM8/1/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Where can I find the autoexec.bin in order to test the movie restart function with the 50D?

http://magiclantern.wikia.com/

Oscar Moreno

Aug 1, 2012, 4:29:41 PM8/1/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Yes there are safety measures in place that shut down the camera automatically when overheated. This has happened to me several times down here in the Florida sun!

Oscar E. Moreno
Email: Oscar-...@live.com
Tweeter: @moreno7798
-Sent from my iPhone

Oscar Moreno

Aug 1, 2012, 4:31:30 PM8/1/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Let me know if you have an auto exec with auto restart... I'd like to try it out.

Oscar E. Moreno
Tweeter: @moreno7798
-Sent from my iPhone

Tom Worster

Aug 2, 2012, 9:42:00 AM8/2/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com, Oscar Moreno
On 8/1/12 4:29 PM, "Oscar Moreno" <oscar-...@live.com> wrote:

>Yes there are safety measures in place that shut down the camera
>automatically when overheated. This has happened to me several times down
>here in the Florida sun!

good to know. thanks.

Tom Worster

Aug 2, 2012, 10:03:06 AM8/2/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com, Zak
Hi Zak

I am not aware of a "the autoexec.bin" published by the core team for such testing.

You can compile from the tip of https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/ and test with that.

Or you can download the autoexec.bin from my repo if you like

which is a small change based on 2.3-stable.

but be aware that i'm just some guy who changed a couple of ifdefs and managed to set up the tools and make it compile by a process of trial and error, cutting and pasting stuff i found on web pages. or, in the words of the standard caveat: don't believe everything you read on the internet.