Official version

Dado Sutter

Dec 28, 2012, 2:01:58 PM12/28/12
to miz...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys,
   I would like to know which repo are you using as "official" for your sources and builds distributed with the boards.
   I don't think you are using the code for AVR32 that is on the master. Probably the branch Mizar32 or another repo/fork you have done for yourselves.
   Where is the official code for the Mizar32 firmware today?
   (Sorry for my silly questions. It's just someone trying to get back on his feet and contribute again for the projects)

Thanksssssssssss
Dado

martinwguy

Dec 28, 2012, 4:03:48 PM12/28/12
to miz...@googlegroups.com
On 28 December 2012 20:01, Dado Sutter <dados...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello guys,
> I would like to know which repo are you using as "official" for your
> sources and builds distributed with the boards.
> I don't think you are using the code for AVR32 that is on the master.
> Probably the branch Mizar32 or another repo/fork you have done for
> yourselves.

The firmware we distribute with the boards is our release 20120123,
integer versions.

The version for Mizar32 A and B (the 256K firmware) was compiled from
elua's git trunk on that date.

The version for Mizar32 C (128K version) was compiled from the tip of
the Mizar32 branch, which is a fork from the trunk on that date with a
load of hacks to reduce the code size to be able to include all of the
modules. Compiling from trunk for 128K does work and still fits (last
time I checked) but it reduces the code size by leaving out most of
the modules.

Cheers

Dado Sutter

Dec 28, 2012, 5:35:50 PM12/28/12
to miz...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Martin!
So, if I understood, your official code repo is the Mizar32 branch on eLua's Github repo, which is perfectly fine for us too.
I've read your explanations on the doc, regarding the reasons to remove some modules in order to reduce the final code size.

Thanks again for the explanations and hey, Happy New Year for you all ! :)

Cheers

Cheers
Dado

martinwguy

Dec 29, 2012, 2:15:12 PM12/29/12
to miz...@googlegroups.com
On 28 December 2012 23:35, Dado Sutter <dados...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, if I understood, your official code repo is the Mizar32 branch on eLua's
> Github repo, which is perfectly fine for us too.

No, that was created for the 128K version. If I do another release of
the firmware I have to make another branch and apply all the same
hacks, to include all the good new things that have happened since
then, like the Mizar32 RTC driver. For the 256K and 512K versions you
should just be able to use it trunk.

Cheers & happy new Age too!

Dado Sutter

Dec 29, 2012, 2:50:52 PM12/29/12
to miz...@googlegroups.com
Got it, thankssss.
Not to be so spreaded yet, we're planning to release a v0.9 sometime "soon" and (finally) move to a "release soon release often" model".

Cheers & happy new Age too!

Yeah, it was about time for this year to end :) It was a terrible one for my health but I'm recovering fast and quickly now.
Happy new Age for everyone here and for your loved ones!
Dado