Files via xmodem

Gabriel Duarte

Sep 3, 2014, 3:50:57 PM9/3/14
to miz...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys!

Not much is happening in this list for a long time :( That's shame, since you have such good board and software.
Anyway... I came back to play with my Mizar32 and I was figuring out if is there any way to upload files to the board
through the command line (Linux). Any ideas?

Cheers!

--
Gabriel Duarte
Linux User #471185

Dado Sutter

Sep 3, 2014, 8:27:35 PM9/3/14
to miz...@googlegroups.com
Yeah :(
I would definitely love to see more movement here too :(
I have plenty of students ready to put their hands on a nice board but they need to be able to follow the general dev status and get some help from time to time.
Are you dropping Mizar32 for a newer design/architecture?

Best
Dado

Raman Gopalan

Sep 3, 2014, 11:02:30 PM9/3/14
to miz...@googlegroups.com

Dear Gabriel,

> since you have such good board and software. Anyway... I came

Thank you :) Mizar32 is a lot of fun!

Gabriel Duarte

Sep 4, 2014, 12:27:08 PM9/4/14
to miz...@googlegroups.com
Unfotunately it did not work for me :( I can not see a way to point my serial port (/dev/ttyACM0 here) and send the file through there using 'sx'.

Raman Gopalan

Sep 4, 2014, 11:15:27 PM9/4/14
to miz...@googlegroups.com

Dear Gabriel,

> Unfotunately it did not work for me :( I can not see a way to point
> my serial port (/dev/ttyACM0 here) and send the file through there
> using 'sx'.

I'm sorry, I didn't understand what you're trying to do.

From the command line it looks like sx doesn't accept the serial port
device as an argument. On Mizar32, accessing /dev/ttyACM0 with a
serial terminal emulator should take you to the eLua shell. From
there, you can then launch xmodem. Did you try it this way? Can you
also please try Martin's recv.lua [1]?

Raman Gopalan

Sep 5, 2014, 1:04:07 AM9/5/14
to miz...@googlegroups.com

Dear Dado,

> I would definitely love to see more movement here too :(
> I have plenty of students ready to put their hands on a
> nice board but they need to be able to follow the general
> dev status and get some help from time to time.

Fantastic! It would be nice to have a wider Mizar32 userbase.
Although not officially announced yet (and I do remember
seeing a post about this in our group), we have a fully running
Lisp for Mizar32 (and a few Cortex clones) [1] which could turn
a Mizar32 into an embedded Lisp machine.

Will your students be interested in using and extending it?

Good day,

Gabriel Duarte

Sep 5, 2014, 12:05:17 PM9/5/14
to miz...@googlegroups.com
Raman,
yes, I got eLua's terminal via Putty or screen. I can type 'recv' to wait for some file, but the question is, from where/how do I send this file to the board?

Best,