eLua != Elua :)

Dado Sutter

Dec 29, 2012, 3:00:36 PM12/29/12
to miz...@googlegroups.com
Hello doc guys,
   Please try to keep the references to eLua with this notation: eLua, which stands for Embedded Lua and intends to maintain the original Lua notation.
   Please do not use Elua, ELUA, ELua or other variations of it if possible.

Thanksssss
Dado

martinwguy

Dec 30, 2012, 3:43:39 AM12/30/12
to miz...@googlegroups.com
> Please try to keep the references to eLua with this notation: eLua, which
> stands for Embedded Lua and intends to maintain the original Lua notation.
> Please do not use Elua, ELUA, ELua or other variations of it if possible.

Yes. Where have you seen a different spelling?

Dado Sutter

Dec 30, 2012, 7:34:52 AM12/30/12
to miz...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 5:43 AM, martinwguy <marti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>    Please try to keep the references to eLua with this notation: eLua, which
> stands for Embedded Lua and intends to maintain the original Lua notation.
>    Please do not use Elua, ELUA, ELua or other variations of it if possible.

Yes.

Thanks

Where have you seen a different spelling?

Basically, all around the book, as in the page we were talking about

Also, I'm always refering to SimpleMachines with this notation. Please let me know if this is right too.

Dado

martinwguy

Dec 30, 2012, 12:47:29 PM12/30/12
to miz...@googlegroups.com
On 30 December 2012 13:34, Dado Sutter <dados...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 5:43 AM, martinwguy <marti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Please do not use Elua, ELUA, ELua or other variations of it >> Where have you seen a different spelling?
> Basically, all around the book, as in the page we were talking about
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Mizar32/Compiling_eLua

In two titles, fixed, thanks, leaving filenames "...elua...", where
lower case seems to be the convention. What if eLua is the first word
of a sentence? ELua? For now I've reworded the sentence to put it
later on ("The eLua build system...").
A case-independent search for "elua" on wikibooks finds no others,
except in Hawaiian/Lesson_6 (!), but let me know if you spot any other
errors... or feel free to edit them yourself.

> Also, I'm always refering to SimpleMachines with this notation. Please let
> me know if this is right too.

That's what its web front page has, so I guess so.
For what it's worth, simplemachines.it is preferred to
www.simplemachines.it, to avoid getting two copies of every search
result, one on www.sm.it and one on sm.it

Dado Sutter

Dec 30, 2012, 12:51:33 PM12/30/12
to miz...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 2:47 PM, martinwguy <marti...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 30 December 2012 13:34, Dado Sutter <dados...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 5:43 AM, martinwguy <marti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >    Please do not use Elua, ELUA, ELua or other variations of it >> Where have you seen a different spelling?
> Basically, all around the book, as in the page we were talking about
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Mizar32/Compiling_eLua

In two titles, fixed, thanks, leaving filenames "...elua...", where
lower case seems to be the convention.  What if eLua is the first word
of a sentence?

Our convention is to always use the notation eLua, be it among lowercase context, in the start of a sentence or wherever...

ELua? For now I've reworded the sentence to put it
later on ("The eLua build system...").

Yep

A case-independent search for "elua" on wikibooks finds no others,
except in Hawaiian/Lesson_6 (!),

Yes :) Hawaian gods used to be above us on google searches but it was changing :)

but let me know if you spot any other
errors... or feel free to edit them yourself.

Thank you, I will.
I suppose this is valid for any other contributor too (thanks!)

> Also, I'm always refering to SimpleMachines with this notation. Please let
> me know if this is right too.

That's what its web front page has, so I guess so.

ACK

For what it's worth, simplemachines.it is preferred to
www.simplemachines.it, to avoid getting two copies of every search
result, one on www.sm.it and one on sm.it

Ok

Best wishes