Ethernet

Gabriel Duarte

Apr 16, 2013, 10:48:27 PM4/16/13
to miz...@googlegroups.com
Hello people,

I got an Ethernet shield for Mizar32 but I cant get it working.
I tried to run the examples from this page:

but I got this message:
Error waiting for connection

I suppose that there is a problem in gathering the IP address, DHCP, since I do not know how Mizar32 handles it.

Tips? I need this working to continue my project, and would be good as well because we could after add to the Wiki and help the others with the same doubt!

Cheers,

--
Gabriel Duarte
Linux User #471185

Martin Guy

Apr 17, 2013, 8:20:06 AM4/17/13
to miz...@googlegroups.com
On 17 April 2013 04:48, Gabriel Duarte <confu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I got an Ethernet shield for Mizar32 but I cant get it working.
> I tried to run the examples from this page:
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Mizar32/Ethernet
>
> but I got this message:
> Error waiting for connection
>
> I suppose that there is a problem in gathering the IP address, DHCP, since I
> do not know how Mizar32 handles it.

Hi
With the default 20120123 firmware with net support, the board uses
DHCP to get an address from the local network, which it does when it
boots up. If it fails to get an address within 60 seconds, it sets
its address to 192.168.1.10 with gateway and DNS of 192.168.1.1
If you don't have a DHCP server, or if you want to assign a fixed
address, you can build your own firmware at
http://builder.simplemachines.it -> Mizar32 Web Builder -> Build now
then enable BUILD_UIP, disable BUILD_DHCP and set the address/mask etc
you want at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for the feedback - I'll add these details to the wiki page.

Gabriel Duarte

Apr 17, 2013, 9:45:35 AM4/17/13
to miz...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I do not know the firmware version of my mizar32...anyway I will flash a new firmware with these options enabled and try again...
I saw the section about this subject added to the Wiki today, thanks for accepting the idea :)

After I will post the result if I got the ethernet stack working with the a basic application!

Cheers,

Gabriel Duarte

Apr 17, 2013, 7:30:14 PM4/17/13
to miz...@googlegroups.com
I flashed the new firmware with the following image: elua_lualong_at32uc3a0512.hex

The last command (dfu-programmer at32uc3a0256 start) did not work... it can cause some bad effect? Why dfu-programmer at32uc3a0512  does not work, since my Mizar is a Model A?

Anyway... the question is that the ethernet shield does not seen even powered up, not lights at the RJ45 connector... to use this shield in necessary an external power source?

Tips?

Cheers!

Gabriel Duarte

Apr 17, 2013, 7:48:10 PM4/17/13
to miz...@googlegroups.com
Forget everything I said :D The shied is broken... I tested with another one at worked at FISRT!!!!

Thanks Martin for the tips!!!!

Martin Guy

Apr 18, 2013, 8:39:29 AM4/18/13
to miz...@googlegroups.com
On 18 April 2013 01:30, Gabriel Duarte <confu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The last command (dfu-programmer at32uc3a0256 start) did not work... it can
> cause some bad effect?

Can you copy/paste the commands and the exact output you get on the
screen please? "Does not work" is too vague to be able to help.

I remember that was an issue with 512kbyte parts, because the time to
erase the whole flash took longer that 10 seconds, but dfu-programmmer
timed out at 10 seconds. We submitted a patch to the dfu-programmer
mailing list, which was accepted, but it may be that your Linux distro
has an older version.

However, the failure was harmless - it was just that dfu-programmer
didn't wait enough time for confirmation that the erase was
successful. If you wait another 10 seconds before issuing the
following dfu-programmer command, everything "should work".

Cheers, glad you got it working