Old Versions of Junit, logj4 and other dependencies

Au Gai

Dec 3, 2013, 3:35:36 AM12/3/13
to mixe...@googlegroups.com
Dear Watanabe-san,

I am a researcher at Osaka University. I have been researching dependency artifacts.

I notice that you use the older versions of Junit, log4j and other artifacts. Is there
any specific reason why this is so? I am just curious.

Cheers

Raula

watanabe

Dec 3, 2013, 4:07:26 AM12/3/13
to mixe...@googlegroups.com
Hi.
It is just a historic reason.

To add another word,
dependency to junit and log4j is only test scope. not compile or runtime scope.
(see http://mixer2.org/site/dependencies.html )
I can run "mvn test" with these old library. so, there are no problem.

The log4j1.4.x has many sub dependency but log4j1.2.x has no other sub dependency. Its' simple.
Also, junit4.8 is old. But spring-test-3.x need old junit4, so I use old one.

Cheers.

2013年12月3日火曜日 17時35分36秒 UTC+9 Au Gai:

Au Gai

Dec 3, 2013, 4:25:15 AM12/3/13