demo ar, setting elevation

Richard Kheir

Oct 27, 2013, 9:32:57 PM10/27/13
to mixare-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am playing around with the Demo AR for iOS and trying to change the following:

  Position *positionPalencia = [[Position alloc] initWithTitle:@"Palencia" withSummary:@"" withUrl:nil withLatitude:0 withLongitude:0 withAltitude:0 withSource:nil];

  PoiItem *poiPalencia = [[PoiItem alloc] initWithLatitude:38.0088161 longitude:-77.5269538 altitude:0 position:positionPalencia];

  Position *positionPalencia = [[Position alloc] initWithTitle:@"Palencia" withSummary:@"" withUrl:nil withLatitude:0 withLongitude:0 withAltitude:0 withSource:nil];

  PoiItem *poiPalencia = [[PoiItem alloc] initWithLatitude:38.0088161 longitude:-77.5269538 altitude:15500 position:positionPalencia];

However the Palencia still shows at the horizon from my location regardless of what I set the value of altitude to...

Any way to change the elevation of a POI?

----

Also, I saw something that I can use better if it works in PoiItem:

- (id)initCoordinateWithRadialDistance:(double)newRadialDistance inclination:(double)newInclination azimuth:(double)newAzimuth

can I use the above in PoiItem definition with position since Position seems the only way to set title, summary and URL?

Example of what I am asking:

 Position *positionPalencia = [[Position allocinitWithTitle:@"Palencia" withSummary:@"" withUrl:nil withLatitude:0 withLongitude:0 withAltitude:15500 withSource:nil];

  PoiItem *poiPalencia = [[PoiItem alloc] initCoordinateWithRadialDistance:3000 inclination:M_PI/3 azimuth:30];

//but how to indicate that poiPalencia is for Position positionPalencia?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mauricio Giraldo

Jan 21, 2015, 12:22:41 AM1/21/15
to mixare-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Did you manage to get this working? Is there some sample code to see? I'd like to hard-code a single point in the AR view for testing purposes.

Thanks