Hi! I'm looking for an augmented reality browser/toolkit/api that supports the following: * Adding fixed 3d models such as a treasure-chest.
* Possible image recognition of this treasure-chest so the iPhone knows when your looking at it.
* Specify altitude on a 3d model so it can be positioned on the ground or the second floor in a apartment building for example.
* It must have support for "migrating" it to a standalone app that can be published on the app store.
* The ability to customize the camera overlay with own buttons, huds, text and other UIViews.
* Support for both iPhone and Android
I have tried Wikitude which doesn't have support for 3d models in iPhone. I have tried Junaio which doesn't support to create a standalone app using their browser. I have tried Layar Player SDK, and asked the question on their community if I can customize the interface with own buttons etc. I have tried the artoolkit on github. None of the libraries I've tried have support for all my demands. Am I looking for too much here? Is there something I've missed using Layar, Wikitude and Junaio?
-- ===================== > Jakob Obkircher > Web & iPhone Development > > Peer GmbH/Srl > www.peer.biz > Tel. +39 0471 631080 > Fax +39 0471 631724
I have been a little busy lately with other parts of the project I have going but I was in the process of assigning 3d objects as markers which the app pulled from my server. I have samples from different links ive found online so I know it can be done I just havent had a chance to tie it all together but when I do ill post it here for the mixare comunity to use :)