Treasure hunt in Augmented Reality

Redondo

Apr 27, 2011, 9:07:13 AM4/27/11
to mixare-development
Hi!

I'm looking for an augmented reality browser/toolkit/api that supports
the following:

* Adding fixed 3d models such as a treasure-chest.
* Possible image recognition of this treasure-chest so the iPhone
knows when your looking at it.
* Specify altitude on a 3d model so it can be positioned on the
ground or the second floor in a apartment building for example.
* It must have support for "migrating" it to a standalone app that
can be published on the app store.
* The ability to customize the camera overlay with own buttons,
huds, text and other UIViews.
* Support for both iPhone and Android.

I have tried Wikitude which doesn't have support for 3d models in
iPhone. I have tried Junaio which doesn't support to create a
standalone app using their browser. I have tried Layar Player SDK, and
asked the question on their community if I can customize the interface
with own buttons etc. I have tried the artoolkit on github.

None of the libraries I've tried have support for all my demands.

Am I looking for too much here? Is there something I've missed using
Layar, Wikitude and Junaio?

Jakob Obkircher

Apr 27, 2011, 11:08:25 AM4/27/11
to mixare-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi Redondo,

well, thats a long requirement list ;) !

you find my answer inline

Am 27.04.11 15:07, schrieb Redondo:
Hi!

I'm looking for an augmented reality browser/toolkit/api that supports
the following:

    * Adding fixed 3d models such as a treasure-chest.
            not supported yet in mixare but as i know there are some frameworks which are able to do that.
            But i think if you like to add 3d stuff you have to use OpenGl, which is not supported in mixare for IOS
    * Possible image recognition of this treasure-chest so the iPhone
knows when your looking at it.
            not supported yet in mixare
    * Specify altitude on a 3d model so it can be positioned on the
ground or the second floor in a apartment building for example.
            you can specify the altitude of a marker but if you are able to sistinguish if a marker is in the first or second floor depends on the sensor of the device, which is not so accurate.

    * It must have support for "migrating" it to a standalone app that
can be published on the app store.
            as long you publish the app under the GNU General public license
    * The ability to customize the camera overlay with own buttons,
huds, text and other UIViews.
         supported

    * Support for both iPhone and Android
I have tried Wikitude which doesn't have support for 3d models in
iPhone. I have tried Junaio which doesn't support to create a
standalone app using their browser. I have tried Layar Player SDK, and
asked the question on their community if I can customize the interface
with own buttons etc. I have tried the artoolkit on github.

None of the libraries I've tried have support for all my demands.

Am I looking for too much here? Is there something I've missed using
Layar, Wikitude and Junaio?

With best regards Jakob
--

          =====================
          > Jakob Obkircher
          > Web & iPhone Development
          >
          > Peer GmbH/Srl
          > www.peer.biz
          > Tel. +39 0471 631080
          > Fax +39 0471 631724

james andresakis

Apr 27, 2011, 12:43:27 PM4/27/11
to mixare-de...@googlegroups.com

I have been a little busy lately with other parts of the project I have going but I was in the process of assigning 3d objects as markers which the app pulled from my server. I have samples from different links ive found online so I know it can be done I just havent had a chance to tie it all together but when I do ill post it here for the mixare comunity to use :)

Harsh Jain

Apr 15, 2014, 8:54:19 AM4/15/14
to mixare-de...@googlegroups.com
i need help in ar development for ios with 3d models can you help me out