[iOS] Build v1.0 with Plugins and Mixare as Library support!

Aswin

Jan 27, 2013, 7:32:27 PM1/27/13
to mixare-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi iOS developers,

I've finally made a stable version of Mixare iOS.
You can now call Mixare as library at your own project. And write own plugins at your own project to communicate with the library.

I've made a guide to explain you how to add Mixare as sub-project to your own main-project.
So you can still update Mixare through git while you are using it at your own project/app.

The wiki with guides/tutorials (at my fork): https://github.com/eXaLy/mixare-iphone/wiki
My latest build is at the main mixare branch: https://github.com/mixare/mixare-iphone

The last thing I want to say is: "My job is done here!".
I've been working on Mixare because of my internship. Well, this is my last week, so I have to give back my iPhone and MacBook Pro to the company. No, I won't buy a Mac or iPhone for myself, so for the present you won't see me updating the iOS version of Mixare. It's now up to YOU guys. I have still the rights to review and submit the pull-requests. ;)

It was fun to learn things about using and programming with Apple products, but not fun enough to use it.

Cheers!
Aswin

Mauricio Giraldo

Jan 20, 2015, 10:54:08 PM1/20/15
to mixare-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Thanks for all this work. I got the basic app to run in the iPhone 6 (after updating a few things to arm64/iOS 8).

I now want to try a bare bones app with a single predefined marker I can hard-code.

I want to use this framework with another app I am already developing and want to know what the minimum requirements are to show a single marker in a camera view.

I am trying to piece together this barebones/HelloWorld set of code from the GitHub wiki but still have not been able to do it.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks

Mauricio

Mauricio Giraldo

Jan 21, 2015, 12:14:01 AM1/21/15
to mixare-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I managed to get a HelloWorld app running (no markers, though... still trying to show a single hard coded marker).

The Bootstrap example in the wiki has some old code and does not work: https://github.com/eXaLy/mixare-iphone/wiki/Bootstrap-plugin#example-1

The view displays the radar and the radius button. I added a toggler in the MixareAppDelegate for the radius button so I can hide it.

I have a fork that I am updating with this code: https://github.com/mgiraldo/mixare-iphone

I want to:

-  have a similar toggle to show/hide the radar (it is useful for debug but I do not want to show it in the final app)
- show a single point in the AR view (a "HelloWorld point" snippet)