Sourced/Original Content Quota

Kat

Aug 28, 2011, 1:52:50 AM8/28/11
to Mix and Mash Creative Remixes
I am attempting the Literature Mash-up and would like to know if there
is any sort of limit on how much 'original' content I am able to
include in my entry?

I am of course remixing the provided sources but is there an expected
limit on how much of the word or visual content can be of my own
original creation (building on the sources of course)? Would I be
able to create completely original visuals and only use the text
sources or would I be expected to create the whole project largely
from existing remixed sources?

Mix and Mash Admin

Aug 28, 2011, 3:14:47 AM8/28/11
to mix-and-mash-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kat,
Great to hear you're working on something.

There is no limit to the additional sources that you use. The key
thing is that you have to at least 2 of the pieces and that your piece
includes no more than 800 words, plus the other specific requirements
listed on http://www.mixandmash.org.nz/the-competition/categories/remix/literature-remix/.

This is the criteria that will help guide judges (from
http://www.mixandmash.org.nz/the-competition/judges ) and hopefully it
will help you.

"Criteria for Creative Remix

Originality: what’s new or different about this creation?
Use of original materials: have the source materials been used in an
interesting or unexpected way?
Appeal: will people want to spend time with the entry?"

I hope this is helpful. Good luck!

Fiona
Mix and Mash NZ