dumb noob question

Gort

Feb 27, 2007, 10:44:15 PM2/27/07
to miva-script
Hello.

I have a really simple syntax question. I'm trying to parse two text
fields into another single field I can pass to PayPal per their spec.
I just can't seem to figure out the syntax to get the values of these
two fields to display in the new field. Numerical calculations yes,
but not text.

One field, "items_selected," contains a list of items a user has
selected.

<mveval expr="{items_selected}"> produces the correct result.

The other field contains a simple version result.

<mveval expr="{version}"> produces a similarly correct result.

I don't work in Miva much (obvously) and only to edit really. I just
can't seem to work this one out using hunt and peck. It seems as
though this should work, or some variant of it, but no.

<MvASSIGN NAME="item_name" VALUE="{items_selected} for {item
version}">

... or

<MvASSIGN NAME="item_name" VALUE="{items_selected} ' for ' {item
version}">

I tried some ANDs too, but to no avail. Can someone offer a quick
primer on joining two text fields in a calculated result, both for
MvASSIGN NAME and to produce a simple html result?

Thank you in advance.
Gort

Gort

Feb 27, 2007, 10:49:28 PM2/27/07
to miva-script
CORRECTION:

<MvASSIGN NAME="item_name" VALUE="{items_selected} for {version}">

or

On Feb 27, 7:44 pm, "Gort" <big_...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> <mveval expr="{items_selected}"> produces the correct result.
>
> The other field contains a simple version result.
>
> <mveval expr="{version}"> produces a similarly correct result.

> <MvASSIGN NAME="item_name" VALUE="{items_selected} for {item

Bill Gilligan

Feb 27, 2007, 11:06:18 PM2/27/07
to miva-...@googlegroups.com
<MvASSIGN NAME="item_name" VALUE="{ items_selected $ 'for' $ version }">

William Gilligan
Our Vision is Building Yours.
www.gilliganonline.com
727-373-2536

Gort

Feb 28, 2007, 7:38:43 PM2/28/07
to miva-script
Concantenation, yes :) Thank you very much.