Reply-To in an MvSMTP is an Unknown Attribute?

Ralph Gauer

Jul 30, 2007, 10:32:15 AM7/30/07
to miva-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've never needed Reply-To before, but in attempting to use it
now, I get an "unknown attribute name" error from the compiler. At
the moment, I am just using:

><MvSMTP
> Reply-To="ane...@domain.com"
>etc..

I looked at the docs, and it suggests the format is Reply-To...

Any ideas?

Thanks
rg

Ralph Gauer
ralph...@zianet.com
505-388-4167 direct line, office
505-388-4505 office
630-604-6542 fax
Silver City, New Mexico

Ralph Gauer

Jul 30, 2007, 11:26:32 AM7/30/07
to miva-...@googlegroups.com
Fixed it....

reply-to must appear after the <MvSMTP> tag

best
rg

Richard Grevers

Jul 30, 2007, 3:26:00 PM7/30/07
to miva-...@googlegroups.com
On 7/31/07, Ralph Gauer <ralph...@zianet.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've never needed Reply-To before, but in attempting to use it
> now, I get an "unknown attribute name" error from the compiler. At
> the moment, I am just using:
>
> ><MvSMTP
> > Reply-To="ane...@domain.com"
> >etc..
>

> I looked at the docs, and it suggests the format is Reply-To...

MvSMTP only supports the most basic headers, but everything following
the tag is a header UNTIL you include the completely blank line which
denotes the end of headers and the start of the body.

<MIVA STANDARDOUTPUTLEVEL="text">
<MvSMTP TO = "{g.email1}" SUBJECT = "{g.mailsubject}" MAILHOST =
"localhost" FROM = "{g.fromaddress}">
Reply-To = <MvEVAL EXPR="{g.replyto}">
<MvEVAL EXPR="{asciichar(10) $ asciichar(10)}">
Dear <MvEVAL EXPR="{g.name}">
--
Richard Grevers, New Plymouth, New Zealand
Dramatic Design www.dramatic.co.nz