MySQL Commit and Rollback

Mike Anderson

Apr 7, 2006, 3:39:59 PM4/7/06
to miva-...@googlegroups.com

We're trying to use manual commit with MySQL in Miva Empressa, and we need to know whether or not an MvClose will close the session with MySQL and cause MySQL to roll back changes if we've not used a COMMIT. Also, if the script crashes, times out, or otherwise ends unexpectedly, will MySQL rollback the changes? We need to be certian we understand when MySQL will issue a rollback and when it won't, so we know what data integrity issues we need to watch for when using manual commit.  Is anyone well-versed in this?

TIA!

Mike Anderson

mvmarkus

Apr 9, 2006, 7:30:13 PM4/9/06
to miva-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mike,

My understanding is that if your script gets interrupted before you committed the record, the record (s) shouldn’t be saved at all. After all, that is the idea of a transaction.

Markus