Election results for the 2011 MI UPA Board

MiUPA

Nov 12, 2010, 10:55:46 AM11/12/10
to Michigan Usability Professionals' Association
The elections for the Michigan Usability Professionals' Association
board is complete, and we are pleased to introduce the 2011 officers!
We have new faces on this year's board:

Mike Elledge, Vice President
Kelly Sattler, Director of Events
Jean Schiller, Treasurer

And returning officers:

Mike Beasley, President
Deborah Edwards-Onoro, Secretary

Thank you to everyone that voted. We had an incredible amount of
participation this year. If you were unable to vote this year, and
would like to in future elections, the way to do that is to become a
member of the international UPA (www.usabilityprofessionals.org).
Membership will get you the opportunity to vote for our chapter
officers and discounts to our meetings (as well as some excellent
benefits like UPA publications).

In addition to a new board, we are very excited to announce three ways
that you can get involved as a volunteer and help shape the direction
of this chapter, network, and gain valuable experience in visible
roles. We are organizing three committees:

Events planning: As a part of this committee, you can help plan
Michigan UPA events. Have a topic you're interested in? You can make
sure we do a meeting on it!

Outreach: This committee will help us reach out to people who don't
know much about MI UPA and tell them about it, and maybe even find
ways for us to work together. You may reach out to usability-related
professionals that haven't heard about the chapter, students, and even
other professional organizations

Development: Want to think far ahead about what the chapter will look
like and what it'll be doing? This is the committee for you. This
committee also focuses on strategies for developing funding for the
chapter.

Participating in one of these committees would be a valuable
experience. If you are interested or would just like to know more,
please contact pres...@miupa.org. We are also open to ideas! If you
have an interest in being involved in another area, such as helping us
form and education committee, also get in touch.