Percentages for both orientations

Andrea Zaffardi

Aug 17, 2015, 4:12:47 AM8/17/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum

hi
,
I have greatly appreciated the Auto Scaling feature,
could you add an option that allows to set different rates for applications with multiple orientation?

ex:
Portrait screen button 1
width 50% height 2%
Landscape screen button 1
width 23% height 4%

Ghica

Aug 17, 2015, 5:56:32 AM8/17/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I am afraid that you will have to set it using blocks when you detect that the screen is rotated.
Cheers, Ghica

Hal Abelson

Aug 17, 2015, 8:34:27 AM8/17/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Andrea,

Nice suggestion!

Ghica's right for now, you have to do this with the blocks.   The more general approach would be to let people specify different layouts for portraits vs. landscape, which it what more advanced tools like Android Studio do.

We've been reluctant to go there for App Inventor, since it increases the complexity of creating apps.   But we'll think about it.

== Hal