App inventor 2 help with blocks for buttons please.

Sanjay Bainze

Apr 26, 2016, 2:42:23 PM4/26/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I have a canvas that shows a university campus which has a ball on each building, i would like to create a code where i can click on the ball and at the top of the screen it shows the amount of computers available in each building, and then i need to create a cancel button that adds 1 to the computers available but can only be clicked if you click reserve first, and also a reserve button which takes away 1 from the computers available. I am having great difficulty doing this and would really appreciate any help. I find the blocks way too hard to do because i have not used or been taught about this software at all. :(

Taifun

Apr 26, 2016, 3:37:53 PM4/26/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
 I find the blocks way too hard to do because i have not used or been taught about this software at all.

A very good way to learn App Inventor is to read the free Inventor's Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook   http://www.appinventor.org/book2 ... the links are at the bottom of the Web page.  The book 'teaches' users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here http://www.appinventor.org/content/CourseInABox/Intro  and the aia files for the projects in the book are here:  http://www.appinventor.org/bookFiles
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here:  http://www.appinventor.org/content/howDoYou/eventHandling  .

Also do the tutorials http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/ai2/tutorials.html to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the
 Top 5 Tips: How to learn  App Inventor

You will not find a tutorial, which does exactly what you are looking for. But doing the tutorials (not only reading a little bit) help you to understand, how things are working. This is important and this is the first step to do.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets and Tutorials from Pura Vida Apps by  Taifun.