Emulator not working for my students at home or in school

Assigned to andrew.f...@gmail.com by taifu...@gmail.com

amy.k...@computingatschool.org.uk

Mar 6, 2014, 7:28:39 AM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
We are using google chrome windows 7 MIT App inventor 2

We had the emulator working for a while before the february update.  Now, even when we download the new emulator at home or in school it is not working

I cannot start my OCR GCSE controlled assessment.

We have tried everything on the help pages but need your help now guys.

HELP

amy.k...@computingatschool.org.uk

Mar 6, 2014, 7:29:57 AM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Just to add to this - when I say emulator not working - it opens and when I then unlock the screen to try to get to the app it says it is waiting to build blocks.

Enis

Mar 6, 2014, 8:29:03 AM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amy:

Most of the emulator connection problems we have seen are a result of not having the most current version of the App Inventor setup software, or that software having been incompletely installed.

Still, there can be many other issues that could cause the connection to the emulator to fail.  Please read and follow the document below on connection issues:

Click here for Emulator Setup and Trouble Shooting Instructions

amy.k...@computingatschool.org.uk

Mar 7, 2014, 3:17:00 AM3/7/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hi Enis,

I have followed the instructions for the install correctly but when I go to the test page for the aiStarter it says aiStarter is not running and it is.  The emulator also says aiStarter is not running. Any ideas? I definately did unistall reboot install reboot and no joy.