Help For Homeless

Apr 10, 2019, 10:11:47 AM4/10/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi,
We are making an app, we have in a screen where you check 2 boxes and type in 2 text boxes. The data is then carried over to another page and each one should be shown on different labels, but there are four labels only showing one and when you click a button they may change, but it doesn't do what it is required to do. Any suggestions on what to do
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (6).png

TimAI2

Apr 10, 2019, 12:13:04 PM4/10/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I see several issues here:

  1. Incorrect switching of screens (see below for information) - probably no need for multiple screens
  2. I can't see if you have loaded a tinywebDB element to each of your screens ?
  4. The need to simplify the checkbox "check" routines using any component elements (DRY programming - don't repeat yourself)
  5. There are probably more to be spotted by eagle eyed power users....
  6. Also might consider listpickers/listviews/spinners for selections instead of checkboxes to make life easier, and possibly get everything viewable on the screen
Use different screens wisely

If you decided to use different screens, then you should switch them correctly, else you will run out of memory after a while...
The recommended method of switching screens in App Inventor
(Thanks Taifun)

Also see demo: multiscreen.aia

If you haven't done it already....