Mage Justice

Feb 23, 2019, 8:42:31 AM2/23/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Hello,

I am having trouble with getting a sprite to move smoothly to a destination. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
MageJustice
Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 8.37.12 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 8.37.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 8.36.58 AM.png

ABG

Feb 23, 2019, 9:47:51 PM2/23/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Mage Justice

Feb 26, 2019, 12:20:49 PM2/26/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I'm not sure I understand?

In the example you showed me, the developer uses the actual movement function of the sprite. Is there a way to do it with the call move sprite function, or do you think it is best to use the built in movement of the sprite (able to control speed)

ABG

Feb 26, 2019, 1:19:36 PM2/26/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I contend the inherent Speed and Direction properties of Balls and Sprites
will provide the smoothest movement, if you can arrange for
something for them to collide with at their destinations.

ABG

Mage Justice

Feb 26, 2019, 3:12:01 PM2/26/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thanks so much!

And thank you for your help on my last question on scrolling horizontally!

Mage Justice