How we take the result of a translation on google using appinventor?

Assigned to taifu...@gmail.com by me

nuuu...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2014, 5:42:15 AM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Please SEARCH in this forum before posting your question.   There's a good chance your question has already been asked.

If you are asking for technical help, you must provide the following information:
- Are you using MIT App Inventor Classic, MIT App Inventor 2, or something else (what?)
- What OS are you using? (e.g, MacOS 1.8, Windows 8, ...)
- What browser are you using (e.g, Chrome version 30, Firefox 24, IE 8, ...)
Also provide as much information as you can, such as screenshots and instructions that will let others duplicate the issue.

Taifun

Mar 6, 2014, 9:40:09 AM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, nuuu...@gmail.com
you could use the Google Translate API https://developers.google.com/translate/v2/using_rest
and in App Inventor, just just the web component to access that API
the API looks easy to work with...
Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets and Tutorials from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

nuuu...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2014, 12:20:12 PM3/7/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, nuuu...@gmail.com
Thanks, I will try.

SteveJG

Mar 7, 2014, 2:16:45 PM3/7/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, nuuu...@gmail.com

This probably will work for you.   I use Microsoft Translator on Windows apps.  It is free for usage up to 2 million characters per month

How do you access it via activity starter or otherwise?   I do not know.

Regards,
Steve