Even if the sizing is set to fixed when I install the apk on my phone it

Assigned to halatmi...@gmail.com by steve....@gmail.com

Giorgio lorini

Aug 17, 2015, 3:24:42 PM8/17/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum

I have a problem with the new version of AI: Even if the sizing is set to fixed when I install the apk on my phone it looks really different from how it was before. How can I solve it and get back to the previous size?

SteveJG

Aug 17, 2015, 5:14:12 PM8/17/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I suspect there might be an issue with Leadbolt.  Leadbolt as installed on your app might be incompatible with version 145.   You might try saving a copy of your app, then on the copy  either disable or remove Leadbolt .  Tell us what happens?

Is the screen you show Screen1  or another screen?

Here is a list of current issues with version 1.45.   Did you report the issue  as indicated here:  Please use the App Inventor support forum category to report additional  issues with this release.   Mention you are using Leadbolt.

Regards,
Steve

Giorgio lorini

Aug 17, 2015, 5:38:03 PM8/17/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I don't think it's a leadbolt problem because leadbolt is integrated only by a webviewer with fixed dimensions in pixels. Anyway I've tried removing leadbolt but the problem is not solving. This problem is in screen 1 (photos) and screen 2 but I don't know why not in screen 3. I've also tried to download the apk of an older project without modifing the sizing option and I got this problem again. It's like if the responsive mode works when it doesn't have to.

SteveJG

Aug 17, 2015, 5:49:40 PM8/17/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Perhaps the new Ai2 does not like fixed pixels in the WebViewer?   Could you experiment with that?     Changing size to Automatic, FillParent   and even making the WebViewer Visible to false or removing it completely.

Do not be sure the problem is NOT Leadbolt related...everything interacts. The description of what you have done does not rule out a Leadbolt issue.

--Steve

Hal Abelson

Aug 17, 2015, 6:20:42 PM8/17/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum, Jeff Schiller
Georgio,

Please add to this post and include the aia file.   It's hard to tell what is happening just from the screen shots.

Also, don't expect things to look exactly the same as before, even with fixed sizing.   There were an enormous number of changes in this release, including moving from Android API level 3 to level 4, which handle the screen differently.

== Hal

Giorgio lorini

Aug 17, 2015, 6:46:58 PM8/17/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum, j...@mit.edu
Thanks it was just that I tought it should have been exactly the same and it is not. Thank you again for the help ;)