Android dialer not automatically dialing numbers in new versions of an app

CMCC ITS

Apr 10, 2019, 11:56:26 AM4/10/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi all,
We have had an app for a while now that is in constant developement(mostly just changing phone numbers and names, maps etc.) The basic structure doesn't change, just information in the app.

The problem we are facing is that some older versions of the app, when we click a button to dial a phone number, it inputs the phone number into the dialer and actually initiates the call.

Without having changed any extra information, just numbers that are being dialed, the phone call isn't automatically initiating and we have to hit the call button in newer versions of the app.

Does anyone know how to get around having to hit the call button?

Thanks.

CMCC ITS

Apr 10, 2019, 12:12:23 PM4/10/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
For context. The button being pressed is

'When [btnCall] .click
 do (call) [phonecall1] .makephonecall

This is all of the code, and phonecall1 is a phone number we have with pauses included.

TimAI2

Apr 10, 2019, 12:16:37 PM4/10/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Google have changed permissions requirements:

You may also need to update your companion app via the AI2 > Help > Companion Information dialog (not via Play Store)

Search the forum for "permissions" lots to read....

CMCC ITS

Apr 10, 2019, 12:23:13 PM4/10/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thank you for the quick response. Looks like i'll be doing some reading.

Much appreciated!