MakePhoneCallDirect and SendMessageDirect

yann mourier

May 15, 2019, 6:37:56 AM5/15/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
ENGLISH :
Hello everyone !
I write to inform you that the function of "direct call" and "direct message sending" does not work, I turned and returned the worry in every way, I did not find any solution for that it works.

My wish will be, all simply,
- that my application can call directly, by pressing button 1, a predefined number directly without additional manipulation
- that my application can send a message directly, by pressing button 2, at the same number predefined previously, directly without additional manipulation

If someone is successful, I'm curious to see the part of your block and thank you in advance

Good day to all =)
Yann

FRENCH :
Bonjour à tous !
Je vous écris pour vous signaler que la fonction d' "appel direct" et d' "envois de message direct" ne fonctionne pas, j'ai tourné et retourné le soucis dans tous les sens, je n'ai trouver aucune solution pour que ça fonctionne.

Mon souhait serai, tous simplement,
- que mon application puisse appeler directement, en appuyant sur le bouton 1, un numéro prédéfinit directement sans manip supplémentaire
- que mon application puisse envoyer un message directement, en appuyant sur le bouton 2, au même numéro prédéfinit précédemment, directement sans manip supplémentaire

Si quelqu'un a réussit, je suis bien curieux de voir la partie de votre blocs et vous en remercie par avance

Bonne journée à tous =)
Yann

Chris Ward

May 15, 2019, 5:07:24 PM5/15/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello Yann

Well of course they generally do work, so you have found an exception.

Please post your Blocks.
https://www.professorcad.co.uk/appinventortips#TipsBlocks  How to create an image of your Blocks and add it to your Forum Post

What devices are you testing? Make/Model/Exact Android Version of each

yann mourier

May 16, 2019, 3:29:13 AM5/16/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Hello Chris !
Here's the screenshot of this block party

mitappinventor_projet.png

Thank you for your time

Yann
mitappinventor_projet.png

Lukas P.

May 16, 2019, 4:22:52 AM5/16/19
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Function PhoneCallEnded does not work. Help. My test block. Function PhoneCallStart works.

Thankyou!!!

phoneend.jpg

robert longoria

May 16, 2019, 11:11:31 AM5/16/19
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Please let everyone know if there is a fix for this. This will impact my application also. Thanks for the attention and possible resolution - Bob

Bernard Haddad

May 16, 2019, 2:16:45 PM5/16/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi,
Got the same problem with the standard texting components and none work.
I got messages saying the function SEND_SMS was denied, even though I gave all authorizations.
same thing for RECEIVE_SMS

Also I ran an old app that was intalled using apk long ago (the standard Raffle app) and it did not call the number chosen. It opened the phone call screen but waited for me to press the call button. Weird.
Here are my blocks but they are quite standard.

blocks.png

By the way when I right-clicked, before I did anything it copied a whole lot of blocks coming from various other projects (apparently from the backpack), and I had to delete them one by one.

Best regards,
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mitappinventortest+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Evan Patton

May 16, 2019, 3:45:59 PM5/16/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
If you are trying to test this app, you need to install the companion that is linked from the Help > Companion Information menu item within the App Inventor web interface. The Direct blocks require permission that Google no longer allows us to have when we publish through the Play Store. The version of the companion we publish on the website includes the disallowed permissions needed for the Direct blocks. Also, you will probably want to call either SendMessage or SendMessageDirect, not both.

Regards,
Evan

yann mourier

May 17, 2019, 3:25:33 AM5/17/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
ENGLISH :
Hello everyone !
I write to inform you that the function of "direct call" and "direct message sending" does not work, I turned and returned the worry in every way, I did not find any solution for that it works.

My wish will be, all simply,
- that my application can call directly, by pressing button 1, a predefined number directly without additional manipulation
- that my application can send a message directly, by pressing button 2, at the same number predefined previously, directly without additional manipulation

If someone is successful, I'm curious to see the part of your block and thank you in advance
I use my phones directly to test apk is a HUAWEI P9 pro, Android version 7.0 and HUAWEI MATE 9, Android version 9.0.

Here is the part of my block.

Have a good day to all =)
Yann

FRENCH :
Bonjour à tous !
Je vous écris pour vous signaler que la fonction d' "appel direct" et d' "envois de message direct" ne fonctionne pas, j'ai tourné et retourné le soucis dans tous les sens, je n'ai trouver aucune solution pour que ça fonctionne.

Mon souhait serai, tous simplement,
- que mon application puisse appeler directement, en appuyant sur le bouton 1, un numéro prédéfinit directement sans manip supplémentaire
- que mon application puisse envoyer un message directement, en appuyant sur le bouton 2, au même numéro prédéfinit précédemment, directement sans manip supplémentaire

Si quelqu'un a réussit, je suis bien curieux de voir la partie de votre blocs et vous en remercie par avance
J'utilise mes téléphones directement pour tester l'apk avec un HUAWEI P9 pro, version Android 7.0 et un HUAWEI MATE 9, version Android 9.0

Ci-joint la partie de mon bloc

Bonne journée à tous =)
Yann

mitappinventor_projet.png

mitappinventor_projet.png

robert longoria

May 18, 2019, 3:26:43 PM5/18/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Are we any closer to reestablishing the ability of sending texts from within AI2? W?O the workaround?
Will Google lift the ban on this capability, and allow our developed apps to be available on the Play Store?
Why did they stop allowing this?
Are other AI2 clones in the same fix?
I know Hal posted on this on Jan.
This is a very useful capability to have.

Regards and thanks
Bob

Bernard Haddad

May 21, 2019, 12:26:19 PM5/21/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi Evan,
Thanks for your answer.
If I understand you well, we cannot either send directly a Text message (SMS) or call directly a number, when we build an .apk that is published in the play strore.
But should it work with an .apk that we get locally?

By the way, I added both SendMessage and SendDirectMessage but I usually deactivate one when I run it, because I wanted to be able to easily test both. However from the tests I did none of them sends directly a message, even with the Companion. I am always presented with a screen where I have to click on Send to shoot the message.
Is that the current "standard" way?
thanks

Evan Patton

May 21, 2019, 6:11:39 PM5/21/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
@Bernard: Yes, if you use the Direct blocks and then build the APK file and distribute through non-Google Play channels (e.g., sideloading), that is perfectly acceptable. Google's ban is simply for apps that use these permissions if they are not the default texting or dialer app for the phone.

@Bob: To your question, I doubt that Google will relax these restrictions in the future. We tried filing an appeal to the original decision and were denied. I believe the motivation is primarily privacy-focused to target malicious actors reading people's call and text history. Unfortunately, Google doesn't really do finesse when it comes to these types of things so even though we never read your data, it simply does not matter.

Regards,
Evan