How to Get Phone Numbers in a label as a total records found

Gagba

Sep 10, 2017, 12:48:19 PM9/10/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello Folks
I would like to know how to get a list of phone numbers as a total found.
Basically I saved phone numbers in a file in txt format and displayed them in a label
From the image there are 5 numbers in the label
I would like the "Number of contacts" label to read 5
So it will be : Total records found:5
I have include the blocks for the File 1 Got Text
Many Thanks
Gagba
recipients1.PNG
filegroup1.PNG

SteveJG

Sep 10, 2017, 12:58:11 PM9/10/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
if  text is a List, then    Contacts_from_file.text   should equal            length of list    list   get.text       perhaps

Regards,
Steve

Gagba

Sep 12, 2017, 12:25:17 PM9/12/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thanks for the reply Steve.
I have messed around with the code and I cant get it to work.
Thanks
Gagba

Taifun

Sep 12, 2017, 12:39:07 PM9/12/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
It would really help if you provided an updated screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.