A better color picker (almost like Photoshop!)

Italo

Jan 6, 2016, 6:24:39 PM1/6/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum

How about a color picker in AI2 like this one without using gradient calculations?

I got bored of having to move three sliders to achieve the color I want. I like how you select colors with the hue color picker in Photoshop and I realized that some areas are always the same, and only the top right corner changes when selecting a different color in the spectrum palette.
So I tried a couple of things until it worked just like I wanted. There's a lot of things that can be added, but the basic picker works just fine.
This image explains how I did it. It's simpler than it looks.

Here's the Gallery link to open it:

ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/?galleryId=4859625112862720

Scott Ferguson

Jan 7, 2016, 12:09:35 AM1/7/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
It's easy to use and works well :-)
I like it!
---
sf

Taifun

Aug 7, 2016, 1:04:17 PM8/7/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thank you Italo for your great color picker example.
I now used it to demonstrate the new color blocks of my tools extension https://puravidaapps.com/tools.php
Thank you Klaus for being the sponsor of these blocks.

Taifun

Italo

Aug 7, 2016, 1:28:04 PM8/7/16
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
You are welcome Taifun! Take it as a little thank you for all the work you do, especially with all the extensions you provide to the AI2 community. I'm glad to help.