WebViewer error

duboise...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2014, 8:16:10 PM1/20/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
I want to change the screen if the user do not have internet connection so the WebViewer report an error...

Enis

Jan 20, 2014, 8:22:29 PM1/20/14
Use a Web component instead... it reports errors.. The WebViewer doesn't...

duboise...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2014, 8:22:37 PM1/20/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, duboise...@gmail.com
I can't because I want to show a web page...

Enis

Jan 20, 2014, 8:57:56 PM1/20/14
Well, you're right... but those are your only two choices... You have to test the page before showing it if you want to intercept errors...

Perhaps Taifun has a solution to this?

duboise...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2014, 8:58:10 PM1/20/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, duboise...@gmail.com
Good! I want to try... But how did you?

Enis

Jan 20, 2014, 9:00:38 PM1/20/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, duboise...@gmail.com
You're right... but those are the only two web components you have to work with.  Perhaps Taifun or someone else has a possible solution for this...

You're really testing the connectivity first...

Enis

Jan 20, 2014, 9:10:12 PM1/20/14
You could use the Web component to test GETTING to a page... if you can't, you can assume that there's an issue someplace and have the WebViewer do something else.

Here's the Wiki on response codes

Taifun

Jan 21, 2014, 9:06:11 AM1/21/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
How to check Internet connection
Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets and Tutorials from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.