LuGas

Mar 14, 2019, 11:25:37 AM3/14/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi guys!
I'm new with MIT App Inventor 2 and i have a question about how to use file as a database.
I need to search some information inside a DB, better if it's store in phone memory, using a query as we do with mySQL.
I'll try to esplicate better:
I create a table like this (saving file DataBaseTable.csv):

CODE   MACHINE
001       aaa
002       bbb
003       ccc

So, using QRCode reader (I already know how to use this feature) I've the CODE (for example 002), now I need to find the row in the CSV file and display on a TextBox "bbb".

In mySQL I could use this query:

SELECT MACHINE
FROM Table_name
WHERE CODE='002'

Any suggest to help me?
Thanks a lot

Taifun

Mar 14, 2019, 11:32:24 AM3/14/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
what about using the local SQLite database together with your select statement?

Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.