Mike Ang

Feb 25, 2019, 7:25:20 PM2/25/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi all, i did try to use tangent (radians) for my app,
when i compared by toggle between Sin and Tan, both answer is same. is there some wrong coding ?
1.jpg
2.jpg

TimAI2

Feb 26, 2019, 5:42:41 AM2/26/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I am not seeing that - see attached test aia
sintan.aia

ABG

Feb 26, 2019, 9:36:00 AM2/26/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Tan() takes degrees, not radians.

Because converting degrees to radians results in a smaller value,
your sin() and tan() values will be close together for small input values.

ABG

Mike Ang

Feb 26, 2019, 9:54:32 AM2/26/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thank Tim, i convert from degree to radians and the result is same, both sini and tan = 0.01371...
Dear ABG thanks for advise... will test out
degree to radian.jpg

Mike Ang

Feb 26, 2019, 10:08:10 AM2/26/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thank you both ABG and TIM, it works.
Since it only take in Degree, i do not need to convert it to Radian.

Thanks a million for fast respond and quick support. cheers

ABG

Feb 26, 2019, 10:16:57 AM2/26/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
For the benefit of the next guy,
here's proof using Do It on the easiest of all angles,
45 degrees.

See attached.

ABG

sin_vs_tan_radians_vs_degrees.PNG