CDLP Testdev

May 25, 2018, 12:29:45 PM5/25/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello,
I started using this great beginner tool for starters like me a week ago. I made a simple app that showed  a picture on canvas and then when I touch the screen it popped up with my website name.So all good. The WiFi emulation on my mobile device worked fine.

Now as I grew the app to add another screen and more functionality it stopped connecting to the mobile device.
Usually what happens when I scan code it starts to download and gets stuck at some percentage like 50 or 90 etc. (always the same number for the same version app).
I then shortened names of files etc. thinking that may have something to do with it, and now after the code is scanned it goes back to start screen with the code already read in.
If I click  the 'use code' button since the code is already there, still nothing happens.

I was wondering if someone may have some ideas on why this is not working.
Emulator works fine,
Connecting device to laptop with USB does not work.

Thanks for any help with this.

SteveJG

May 25, 2018, 12:42:36 PM5/25/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Is your "Another Browser"   Microsoft Edge?  Try Chrome, Firefox or Safari; browsers supported by App Inventor 2.     Sometimes Edge 'appears' to work then unexpectedly it FAILS.  Edge is NOT a supported browser.

or are you using XfinityWIFI, this system has issues when used with App Inventor?

Your issue could be something else but we don't know because you did not post an image of the  blocks you are using. If you post your blocks, someone probably will provide specific advice.

Regarding USB, did you use these    Instructions ?  Did you

Turn USB Debugging ON ?

Regards,
Steve

CDLP Testdev

May 25, 2018, 5:42:46 PM5/25/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Steve,
Thanks for the detailed response.
I was using Edge AND on Xfinity
However, switching to Firefox, the problem went away.

 And, Yes, I had not turned debugging for USB use ( I didn't realize it was required). So if I run into trouble I will make sure to turn that on. but for now connection works well.

Thank you for your quick substantive response.

Best,