Guan-Wei Chu

Sep 16, 2019, 1:21:58 PM9/16/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
hello
I am a student from taiwan
Like what I do in the viedo
when I was put a block to set my web item url to my node-red server
but something wired happened
in video I hold on a second
and I fresh the browser
and..my code disappear
can somebody help me with that QAQ?

ABG

Sep 16, 2019, 4:04:36 PM9/16/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Do you have an exported .aia file you could post?

If you stumbled onto a bug, it most likely came from
trying to feed a URL into a math + block,
instead of into a more likely text JOIN block.

ABG

Chris Ward

Sep 16, 2019, 5:11:45 PM9/16/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hello Guan-Wei

The disappearance of your code is not to do with App Inventor - you must not use the Browser "refresh" button. App Inventor is a web-based program, not an ordinary web page.

However, in your code you try to join text using a math block. To join text, use a join text block:

JoinTextBlock.png

Evan Patton

Sep 16, 2019, 5:33:38 PM9/16/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Yes, this is a known problem. You can put a text block with a number into a + operator and it will accept that. When you change the contents to a non-text value, it will fail to reload due to the type checking applied at that time. It's something we are working on fixing.

Regards,
Evan

Guan-Wei Chu

Sep 16, 2019, 10:17:39 PM9/16/19