Appster

Mar 10, 2016, 7:34:50 PM3/10/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi, I am trying to run the getallinputs method of the teleduino website through a webviewer component on my app. I am using the url https://us01.proxy.teleduino.org/api/1.0/328.php?k=<key>&r=getAllInputs. I get the "error 2501: SSL connection could not complete". Any idea what is causing this error? Checking the Ignore SSLerrors results in no difference. The error disappears but nothing happens thereafter. When I run the above stated url from my chrome browser on my laptop it returns a proper confirmation as below.

{"status":200,"message":"OK","response":{"result":1,"time":0.49648499488831,"values":[1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,1,0,513,486,455,431,422,453,438,409]}}

Thanks

Appster

Taifun

Mar 10, 2016, 8:28:06 PM3/10/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I think, you should use the web component, however there is no ignore ssl block for the web component, only for the webviewer...
it looks like this is not possible using MIT App Inventor?
Taifun

Appster

Mar 10, 2016, 8:33:09 PM3/10/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I searched for past posts and found these before I posted my query. Mine case doesn't seem to be the same as those. By the way which is the web component? In the palette I saw only the Webviewer, not the other component web you mentioned.

Thanks

Abraham Getzler

Mar 10, 2016, 8:57:58 PM3/10/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
In the palette I saw only the Webviewer, not the other component web you mentioned.

Look in the Connectivity drawer of the Designer.

ABG

Appster

Mar 10, 2016, 9:18:19 PM3/10/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thanks to you and Taifun. I got to know some new things. I moved the .apk file into an android phone and there is no error.

Taifun

Mar 11, 2016, 9:30:40 AM3/11/16
to MIT App Inventor Forum
thanks for letting us know, how you solved that issue
yes, it's always better to test using a device to avoid emulator issues...
Taifun