Assigned to steve....@gmail.com by me

escafoi...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2014, 1:08:00 PM3/5/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
is posible know what is the GMT in the phone?

SteveJG

Mar 5, 2014, 2:36:48 PM3/5/14
Yes.

Use the clock control block and the following, which shows the local time on your phone.

If GMT is not your local time, you add or subtract a the differences in time between local time and "GMT" in most places to get GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) which is generally known at UTC (Universal Time Coordinated).  Use the other block to add or subtract an sufficient hour differences as a whole number.

Regards,
Steve

Aaron Prindle

Mar 5, 2014, 2:28:43 PM3/5/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, escafoi...@gmail.com

I don't believe that it is possible through the current Clock component to set TimeZones but you can get UTC/GMT via a time API like that at http://www.timeapi.org/.  Here is an image of a working example using this method:

SteveJG

Mar 5, 2014, 2:43:26 PM3/5/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, escafoi...@gmail.com
Nice answer Aaron.  What is the best solution depends on what was meant by "what is the GMT in the phone."  Local time? or did he actually want to know what GMT is in relation to his local time (your nice answer).

I like your method for getting UTC from the Web.  The technique is applicable to 'grabbing ' similar information.

Regards,
Steve