How to read fault codes and data analysis via a bluetooth connection.

Ggaayi Abraham

Mar 22, 2019, 6:09:31 AM3/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I have been able to connect my phone to the vehicle by using a Bluetooth device plugged into the vehicle, BUT! my problem is reading the fault codes and carrying out data analysis within the app after connection.
I am humbly requesting for ideas.
Thank you.

Chris Ward

Mar 22, 2019, 8:38:11 AM3/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi

First question is - does your App receive the fault codes?

If it does, the most simple way to handle the code is to have, for each family of codes, two Static Lists, one containing the codes and the other containing a description of the fault. When a code is received, you can use it's number to determine which family it belongs to (e.g. "air/fuel mixture", "ignition system control" etc.), then look it up in the family Lists and display the information to the User.

ABG

Mar 22, 2019, 9:04:25 AM3/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Do you want it easy or do you want to do it yourself?

I went the easy route and paid $5 for the Torque app.

ABG