Viktor

Mar 14, 2019, 10:25:16 AM3/14/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi everyone.
Is it possible (how?) To save and read files from external memory via OTG (for example, a pen connected to the phone with a cable).
Of course, if the phone has an OTG.

Thank you for your help and answer.
Viktor

SteveJG

Mar 14, 2019, 10:37:47 AM3/14/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
You might try Taifun's File extension.    Plug in your OTC dongle to the mini USB slot on your Android .  Connect a USB stick to the dongle.

Will it work?    Possibly, if the File extension can find the dongle.    I have not tried, however using the File app on my Tablet, I can access the files on the OTG drive.

Why not try using the File extension and then show us the blocks that work Viktor?  This assumes you do in fact have an OTG dongle with a mini-USB connector.

Regards,
Steve

SteveJG

Mar 14, 2019, 11:03:44 AM3/14/19
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
This works with Taifun's File extension, provided you have an OTG dongle

OTG.PNG

Use the code in Button1 to find the OTG directory.  The code in Button recovers an png image from that directory.

..as easy as that for reading.   You can show us how to save (if that is possible :)  )   Good luck Victor.

...actually once you know the directory, you can use the native File control to read/write text.   The 263D-CF0C   is the id of one of my USB sticks; other sticks have different addresses.

.

Viktor

Mar 14, 2019, 11:08:34 AM3/14/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
HI SteveJG

Thank you for the quick reply.
I try to create something on the site: http: //ai2.appinventor.mit.edu
The problem is that I do not have Tajfun tools.
Where to download from?

Yes. I have an OTG dongle with a mini-USB connector.

Can you help me ?
Thx.
Viktor

SteveJG