Elements limit in Lists or ListPicker?

sa as

Feb 20, 2019, 2:07:36 PM2/20/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi, I created a list from a csv file and I tried to use it with ListPicker. The program simply pints the choice, but when I choose the element number 36 or higher it doesn't work. Is there any limit for Lists or ListPicker?

Please help me to solve that.

Thanks

TimAI2

Feb 20, 2019, 2:26:31 PM2/20/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
How many elements are you adding, what is their content / length ?

If a very long list, it may make sense to break things up and use a nested listpicker approach:

or for alphabetical:

sa as

Feb 20, 2019, 2:42:13 PM2/20/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I have about 40 elements (that could increase), mostly of compound names and numbers, like products.

How can I use these nested approach reading a csv file?

Thanks for your attention.

TimAI2

Feb 20, 2019, 2:49:40 PM2/20/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
See the links i provided. You will need to carry out some list manipulation, and use your imagination :)

ABG

Feb 20, 2019, 8:51:40 PM2/20/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
40 elements is not much.

You probably have something that breaks the data load.

Here's a much bigger list load and lookup ...

ABG

sa as

Feb 21, 2019, 7:10:53 AM2/21/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thanks ABG and Tim, very useful informations! Anyway I solved, it was a conflict with other data in another list.