Using Arabic language in csv

osama sayar

Apr 8, 2017, 4:45:16 AM4/8/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi all,

Is there any way to use csv file in arabic language?
Thank you

Taifun

Apr 8, 2017, 10:07:39 AM4/8/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
yes, store the text file in UTF8 format, see also

Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

osama sayar

Apr 8, 2017, 11:58:14 AM4/8/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I tried the same way in excel sheet for csv but there is no UTF8 format.

SteveJG

Apr 8, 2017, 12:22:43 PM4/8/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
A csv in Arabic might look like

================

ARABIC

================

,مرحبا

,إغلاق

,مفتوحة

,redo

,اسمي ستيف

,أنا أعيش في ولاية تكساس

, أحب AI2

,هذا هو مثال باستخدام. AI2 لبناء التطبيق متعدد اللغات. أرجو أن أكون حصلت على الترميز صحيحة.

============

and be the equivalent of the 'same' equivalent text in English

================

ENGLISH

================

Hello,

Close,

Open,

reDo

My name is Steve.,

I live in Texas.,

I like AI2.,

note the comma (,)  precedes the text in the csv

This could provide something like this:

Regards,

Steve

osama sayar

Apr 8, 2017, 1:03:43 PM4/8/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Still I am stuck with using the same way in excel csv. I have 2 column in excel sheet one column contains English number  and one column contains Arabic letter
UNICODE.png

Taifun

Apr 8, 2017, 1:17:53 PM4/8/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum

osama sayar

Apr 9, 2017, 12:59:32 PM4/9/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi Taifun,
I have feeling that there is no way to convert this csv into Arabic. Attached is file. please I need from you or any volenteer to convert it and send it to me back.
Thank you and appreciate of your great job.
data.csv

Taifun

Apr 9, 2017, 1:16:34 PM4/9/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
the file already looked fine
I opened it using notepad and saved it in UTF8 format
Taifun

4,ربع الحزب
6,نصف الحزب
8,ثلاثة أرباع الحزب

data2.csv

osama sayar

Apr 9, 2017, 3:40:46 PM4/9/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi Mr.Taifun,
I am really sorry about what did I say in previous but it was just feeling. I tried so many times again but nothing done well with me. Please I attached the file again with all I need to complete my app. Please if you don't mind convert it to Arabic and send it to me again. Thank you Mr Taifun.
Good luck!
New_Data.csv

Taifun

Apr 9, 2017, 3:54:40 PM4/9/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum

osama sayar

Apr 9, 2017, 4:48:04 PM4/9/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I have read it so many times since yesterday but I couldn't get any good result. May be the Notpad that I have  is different.

osama sayar

Apr 10, 2017, 3:49:42 AM4/10/17
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Thank you so much Mr.Taifun

I have downloaded the same file that I had sent it to you on my computer and opened it by using notepad and saved it in UTF8 format. Now is working well.

Good luck!