catsniff

Apr 13, 2019, 8:46:54 PM4/13/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Will there ever be the ability to choose a custom package name for AI apps? e. g.
com.yoursite.app
instead of
appinventor.ai_yourname.app

?

Taifun

Apr 14, 2019, 11:13:30 AM4/14/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
use one of the App Inventor distributions to get a custom package name
Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

catsniff

Apr 14, 2019, 2:17:25 PM4/14/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Alright, I will consider using one of those. But will it ever come to the regular AI, or is there an extension or mod?

Taifun

Apr 14, 2019, 2:20:45 PM4/14/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum

catsniff

Apr 15, 2019, 4:57:03 PM4/15/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I have decided to transfer my project over to AppyBuilder, which seems the easiest method. There is a problem though, and that is that when I open my built app which has multiple screens, it gives me an error:
Error 902: Screen not found:
com
.appybuilder.thescreen

Shouldn't the com.appybuilder part be custom.name ?

Chris Ward

Apr 15, 2019, 7:20:09 PM4/15/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi catsniff

You will need to pose that question on the AppyBuilder forum. It's most likely that AppyBuilder and App Inventor project files are formatted differently, you should not expect one to work with the other's files (though of all the offspring, Appy Builder is probably the closest to AI).