Image sprite percent

Markus Winsa

Dec 2, 2015, 1:54:54 PM12/2/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
When will the image sprite recive its percent option? Been a long time since i heard anything about it

SteveJG

Dec 2, 2015, 2:47:20 PM12/2/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
MIT  issued this document http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/reference/other/usingImages.html      last night Markus.   The image sprite percent option not be available for a long time.  Until then, follow the advice there.    There will be an announcement on the AI2 browser Startscreen pop up  when it and other improvements are made.

Scott Ferguson

Dec 2, 2015, 6:30:40 PM12/2/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I like having the ability to relate the canvas and it's sprites to the screen size of the device as in the following example.
It allows a percent larger than 100% which is not now and may never be supported otherwise.
This is essential for cases where the canvas is larger than the device screen.
But rather than representing as a percent in the following example, I simplified it to be a decimal fraction of the screen width or height.
It works very well for me and works on different devices.

---

sf