a problem of sending text for control screen color via bluetooth

黃敬文

Feb 9, 2014, 9:21:43 PM2/9/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hi i'm trying to send message from my phone for control the screen color of other device via bluetooth.
The sending text is three numbers and they can been shown on another's screen with both list type data and CSV row type data.
But it cannot be use as the list for making color.

The screen show these info during i'm trying to send message throw CSV type.
CSV text cannot be parsed as a row.
Cannot parse text argument to "list from CSV row" as CSV-formatted row
i catch the app inventor screen shown below

i use the AI2 and my devices are sony ZL and Asus padphone.

I already post it on another site, but still cannot be solved.
Thanks for helps ^^

2014-02-06_224449.jpg (1553×747)

Abraham Getzler

Feb 9, 2014, 9:43:50 PM2/9/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Can you use the "Do It" right-click option on the block(s) feeding the "list from CSV row" block to see what is poisoning it?
I also would like to know what is in your global variables named red, green, blue.
ABG

黃敬文

Feb 10, 2014, 2:06:23 AM2/10/14
Dear Getzler
Thanks for your reply.

i cannot use the function "Do It" because i use this app throw my phone not on the simulator.
But i download the file from app inventor as file.
the file link as below.

Enis

Feb 10, 2014, 2:47:21 AM2/10/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Why don't you use your phone as your emulator so you can test, fix & repair in real time?

Connect via WiFi and you should be able to do everything, in real time, and actually get the real-time responses from your phone...  Do It is a GREAT function... you're losing out by not being able to use it, especially in cases like yours...

黃敬文

Feb 10, 2014, 3:29:09 AM2/10/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for remind^^
i will try this way tonight.
And i will post the result shown on computer.

Enis於 2014年2月10日星期一UTC+8下午3時47分21秒寫道:

Enis

Feb 10, 2014, 3:37:20 AM2/10/14
There will be a new companion out sometime today which you'll have to download to your phone if you didn't get it from the PlayStore.  If you DID get it from the Play Store, it'll auto-update when it's ready..

Please come back and let us know how this worked out for you.  I think it's your best solution...

黃敬文

Feb 11, 2014, 9:13:42 AM2/11/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
i got a file from an app inventor teacher today.
he use the txtbox to replace my slider for entering the RGB number.
And he set the original color-list to an empty list rather than my (0,0,0).

So the app can run perfectly for sending text and change the screen color.
The aia file is just as attach

Then i fix my app by saving the slider data into text first and transfer via bluetooth with CSV row method.
It's seen that if i just sending the list of three texts, the function will alright.

But i still cannot understand why this will happen.
BT_MakeColorAi2_max.aia

Hal Abelson

Feb 17, 2014, 10:07:42 AM2/17/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
The way to figure this out is to use do-it to examine the actual value being passed to "list from CSV row" .
Message has been deleted