Ggaayi Abraham

Apr 17, 2019, 9:18:13 AM4/17/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum

 I have been able to receive OBD signals from the vehicle but they are in the form of: [as attached in the pictures], therefore I would like to receive the output as Mass Air Pressure instead of the long hexadecimal signal.

Thanks a bunch.
Screenshot_2019-04-08-16-09-13.png
mit for email.PNG

SteveJG

Apr 17, 2019, 10:00:43 AM4/17/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
You need to write your own Blocks to do the conversion,    Here is some help  https://www.google.com/search?q=obd+output+from+hexadecimal+to+text&oq=obd+output+from+hexadecimal+to+text&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60.17871j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8   that should show what 'text' is appropriate for each hexadecimal scan code.   Use the information there to provide your own 'translation' of the hex code.

Regards,
Steve

ABG

Apr 17, 2019, 11:51:47 AM4/17/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
You are mis-understanding the Bytes Available for Receive block.

It does not contain the actual bytes of text.
It contains the count of how many bytes will arrive
on the next ReadText operation.

For additional help,
export a .aia file and post it.

Also, go back and read the wonderful
OBD manuals referenced in your prior thread

ABG
mit for email.png

TimAI2

Apr 17, 2019, 5:07:19 PM4/17/19