Someshvar Vashisht

Feb 22, 2019, 8:30:45 AM2/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi!
I am using Advanced location sensor as I need the bearing information. Despite enabling "advanced location sensor" and "show user"in blocks , the app shows everything but the users location.
Can anybody help?

Regards
Someshvar

TimAI2

Feb 22, 2019, 8:52:21 AM2/22/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Possible the user is being hidden by another feature on the map ?

Try simplifying to just show User - no other features
Try ticking Show User in designer

SteveJG

Feb 22, 2019, 8:57:38 AM2/22/19
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
You are attempting to use the Map component in conjunction with the third party Advanced Location Sensor.    Did you set the LocationSensor to the Advanced Location Sensor?  I am not sure that can be done.
Sorry Someshvar, if you do not share your Blocks, no one can see what you are doing.

It may be possible the Advanced Location Sensor is not compatible  with Maps (the native LocationSensor is compatible).

Someshvar Vashisht

Feb 27, 2019, 5:14:00 AM2/27/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I used a location sensor for showing the user and used advanced location sensor for getting a BEARING reading.