Linking Student Apps on class webpage

Bobbi Ackerman

Mar 7, 2014, 1:34:18 PM3/7/14

MIT APP INVENTOR SUPPORT FORM

Use this form to report problems or to request technical support or programming help.   Also check out the reference material at appinventor.mit.edu and at the App Inventor troubleshooting page.   Please provide ALL of the information requested in blue below BEFORE entering your issue.   We will make every attempt to answer your request or post rapidly.  Please return the courtesy and respond back to the forum promptly to let us know if your issue was resolved.   We might request additional information; we'll close the issue after three days if there has been no reply.  If you would prefer to start a discussion instead, change the drop-down above from "Ask a question" to "Start a discussion" and the form below will disappear.

Thank you - The MIT AI Support Team

MITAIMITAIMITAIMITAIMITAIMITAIMITAIMITAIMITAI

Are you Working Under Windows or a Mac or other?

Windows version:                     Mac OS version:   x           Other (e.g., GNU/Linux):

What Internet Browser are you using?   Firefox version:          Chrome version:   x       Other Browser:
(Please note: Currently IE is not supported.)

Which version of AppInventor are you using?
    MIT AI 2: x        MIT AI Classic:             Other:

How are you testing your app?

          Emulator:                                     Tablet/Phone Make, Model & Android Version:      Nexus 7

          Connection type: (WiFi or USB):

Are you a Teacher or a Student Using App Inventor in Your School?   Teacher:  x       Student:      x

If this is an issue with a specific project, please include the name of your project below:

Name of your project:

Please Describe Your Issue Below: (Please be specific.  "My Blocks Disappeared" is not enough for us to go on!)  Give us as much information as possible about what happened, what you were doing at the time, and what you expected to happen.  The more information you provide, the better we can help you.

My Issue Is (Enter your issue below):

My students have created Apps and we'd like to share them on our class webpage. Simply using the URL as a link is not working. How might I link to their APPS?

Enis

Mar 7, 2014, 1:41:30 PM3/7/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bobbi...

It would be tough because the only way you see projects is to log in by user... You could have everyone export their AIA files (I'll put instructions below) and then import them all into one account...  Then they could all view that via the projector.

Here are the steps:

  1. Click on the My Projects link at the top of the UI.
  2. When the list of projects shows up, put a checkmark by the project you want to export.
  3. Then click on the Project link (notice that they're similarly named but not the same)
  4. Choose Export selected project (.aia) to my computer...
That's it.  The file will be saved where all of your other downloads are saved, and it will have the format YourProjectName.aia!

Scott Ferguson

Mar 7, 2014, 2:11:52 PM3/7/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Bobbi - If you don't already have an account at the App Inventor Gallery, you might get one. You could upload the student apps there under your username.
They cannot be tested or viewed, however, without downloading, but the students would get a kick out of having them there and you can upload a screen shot from each app.
Anyone could download and test the zip or aia projects from there.
---
Scott

marcel...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2014, 5:42:43 PM3/7/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

By the blocks, I miss under screen 1 "Button1.Click"

What do I wrong?

Scott Ferguson

Mar 7, 2014, 5:54:29 PM3/7/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, marcel...@gmail.com
marcel...
Please make a new question post for this question and include a screen shot of your blocks.
Thanks.
---
Scott