John RB

Feb 22, 2015, 5:32:48 PM2/22/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to add a button that when pressed will do a screen capture and save, preferably to the gallery or available to the gallery.

My device Samsung Galaxy SII LTE

On my Galaxy SII LTE, pressing the Home icon and the Power button at EXACTLY the same time, and holding for 1 second, takes a screenshot (the screen is shown slightly shrunk for a moment, then saved to Gallery > Screenshots.

If you don't hit the buttons at exactly the same time, you either get Task Manager or powered off.

So the option is in the device to do a screen capture, i just a code block that lets me access this funtion ?? . any ideas.

Thank you in advance .

Enis

Feb 22, 2015, 5:39:30 PM2/22/15
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
You cannot do it with App Inventor...  You can take the screneshot with the two buttons, then try to load that picture into a canvas, then save the canvas... But there is no way to capture screenshots with AI...

http://twodogapps.com?page_id=686

For my App Inventor Tips, visit TwoDogApps.com by clicking here!