Youssef Mossoba

Feb 19, 2019, 10:44:37 PM2/19/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum

I understand how to WRITE data on an NFC tag when the data is already on the APP. But how to retrieve data from the phone that are not on the NFC APP like text files or pictures or videos? Tks.

SteveJG

Feb 20, 2019, 8:49:09 AM2/20/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
There are several tools.   You can use
* the File control for files in Media or the internalSD card
* A ListPicker or ListView for data that is in Lists
* ImagePicker for images
* Player for sound files
* VideoPlayer for videos

What you do depends where the information is stored and the type of data.  You asked a very general question.  Have you read the Inventor's Guide described below?  How to do what you want is probable described there or can be found by searching the Forum using the Search for messages block at the top of tis page Youssef.

Here are some resources to help you learn to use the AI2 tools  A very good way to learn App Inventor is to read the free Inventor's Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook   http://www.appinventor.org/book2 ... the links are at the bottom of the Web page.  The book 'teaches' users how to program with AI2 blocks.

There is a free programming course here http://www.appinventor.org/content/CourseInABox/Intro  and the aia files for the projects in the book are here:  http://www.appinventor.org/bookFiles

How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here:  http://www.appinventor.org/content/howDoYou/eventHandling  .

Regards,
Steve

Youssef Mossoba

Feb 21, 2019, 6:25:58 PM2/21/19
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Steve, I will follow these links. My question was indeed too large. Here is what I am looking for :
I would like to build an APP where the user can:
Activity 1 : Search and pull out of his or her phone (i.e. sdCard) a picture or a file and store it in the APP.
Activity 2 : To WRITE this picture or file to another phone or to an NFC tag.
Activity 2 is easy because it is covered in the tutorials examples but how about activity 1?
Putting the question in a different way : How to make an APP that allow the user to access his Phone's SDcard? Tks.