Economy tablet with midrange features...

Scott Ferguson

Mar 7, 2014, 7:00:30 AM3/7/14
(funny review :)
Reviewer recommends that you do the firmware update.

If you are looking for a budget tablet for sharing in the classroom under--$100 range you might take a look at this one from Wal Mart:
I just ordered one and have not tried it out but was impressed that for $79 (free shipping) you get

Monster 7" Tablet

1.5GHZ dual-core processor
GPS
Bluetooth
16GB
front and rear cameras
Google Play
claims ~8 hours per charge (take that with a grain of salt)

I will post when I have tried it out with my impressions in about a week or so.
---
Scott

Enis

Mar 5, 2014, 5:40:59 PM3/5/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Geez... timing is everything.  Not 10 minutes before I got your post, I bought a cheapy tablet for $49.95 including shipping and insurance, but these cameras are much more powerful than what I got, and this has 16GB while what I got was 8...

This looks like a great deal... Shoot!  Next time I guess!

Thanks Scott!

Scott Ferguson

Mar 7, 2014, 6:50:21 AM3/7/14
On second look the price is $80 which is almost twice what you paid and I doubt that it is twice as good.
I just needed a tablet that does not have ice cream sandwich - it appears that it chokes when I use the Canvas GetPixelColor block for some reason and both of my tablets have ICS while it works on the emulator but too slow to keep me awake.
If you purchased from Amazon, you have time to cancel your order up until it ships, I think.
---
Scott

Enis

Mar 5, 2014, 5:52:17 PM3/5/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
The one I got had 4.0.  I have KitKat on my phone.  Just need this to test apps on tablets... nothing spectacular for a while.

I'll REALLY be interested in hearing about the battery life... the ratings for battery life on what i bought were poor, and only 4 hour use, not 8...