Remote connection to windows based server or directly to Unity3D

Gav .C

Dec 4, 2019, 9:58:52 AM12/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hey guys! So, I have this awesome idea for an app to co-work with a Unity3D project, nothing too heavy, literally just some key presses. I have no idea how to go about this....I know that you need a server/client running on windows (unless there is a way to directly hook up to Unity3D which would be great!) but the overall end goal is to press a button on the android app and it sends the keypress combination over wifi to windows, in doing so would trigger the associated in game key combination.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks a million if anyone can help i am really struggling with this and have no where else to look.

ABG

Dec 4, 2019, 2:52:50 PM12/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
This sounds like it's been done before:

Why reinvent the wheel?

abg

Gav .C

Dec 4, 2019, 2:56:10 PM12/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
yeah I realise there are SOOO many apps out there that have achieved this...however, I need to create a very specific app to work with a Unity3D application. And my apps UI needs to be custom etc

SteveJG

Dec 4, 2019, 3:11:24 PM12/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum

ABG

Dec 4, 2019, 3:18:43 PM12/4/19
to MIT App Inventor Forum
If you go with a Web POST API, see the Web Services section of FAQ
for AI2 code samples.

If you get one working, tell us so we can add it to the list.

ABG