Isnihaya Daud

Jul 16, 2018, 10:57:20 PM7/16/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
My components are missing, even they are in the Viewer screen.

Ghica

Jul 17, 2018, 3:47:04 AM7/17/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Did you try to restart your browser or refresh your browser screen? Or try another browser (Firefox if you use Chrome now or Chrome if you use Firefox now).
If that does not help, can you please give more details about what exactly is missing where??
Cheers, Ghica

Chris Ward

Jul 17, 2018, 7:31:22 AM7/17/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi Isnihaya Daud

That is potentially a corrupt project file. Let's try to clarify the problem you see:

1) You have defined your GUI in the Designer Viewer and all components are visible.
2) You have defined Code Blocks in the Blocks Viewer, but they have gone missing.

Question 1 - do you have any other Projects which you can load? Are they OK?
Question 2 - have you stored backups of your Project files on your PC (or the school Server)?
Question 3 - Can you save the problem Project and post it here for someone to examine?

Chris Ward

Jul 17, 2018, 7:38:03 AM7/17/18
to MIT App Inventor Forum
...By the way, I notice you are using Windows 8, which some would say is the worst Windows version in the history of Windows.

I assume the PC belongs to the school? If the school has an IT person in charge of the computers, they might want to look at an upgrade to Windows 10 (or even a downgrade to Windows 7).